Thursday, October 30, 2008

My Pastor Wants Us To Vote For…

Whomever our mind and heart desires.

One of the things I cherish deeply about our church (The Peoples Church of Franklin) is the leadership. Pastor Rick White and his team just amaze me. While I’ve “done church” for years, the number of “a ha” moments, or in some cases “oh no” moments (when I finally see myself with a clear lens) that I’ve encountered cannot compare to any other 2 year period in my life.

This church, and its teachers and leadership, are challenging me, and allowing God to change me. And I am eternally grateful. Make no doubt about it- I’m still a flawed and broken vessel- but it least I’m painfully aware of it now and am working (slowly but surely) on being able to hold water.

This past Sunday our pastor treaded into very dangerous ground- commenting on the political hurricane that is the presidential election season. I knew before he began that he would do it with kindness, grace, and with a focus on what’s important- loving God and loving others. And I knew it would not take a side or endorse any candidate. It’s a beautiful message that encourages to look above and beyond the temporal clutter that is the world of politics and earthly rulers.
We are to look to God as our true ruler, king and “president.”

WATCH THE SERVICE HERE


We are to honor and submit to our earthly leaders and rulers and their laws (no matter if it’s Barack Obama or John McCain), up to the point that those earthly leaders, rulers and laws violate the teaching and direction of our King.







2 comments:

Liza's Eyeview said...

wise counsel.

DigitalRich said...

Hey Liza! So great to hear from you. Hope all is well with you and yours.