Tuesday, November 04, 2008

Wow- I'm an Idiot

My prediction was wrong. Dead wrong. My wife is frustrated with me because I assured her that Ohio, Florida, Virginia, and North Carolina would swing red, and it would all come down to Colorado- which would swing red at the last minute late into the night. And she trusted me because I'm so frequently right.

Wrong, wrong, wrong.

Blue wins the night. I should have taken to heart the following quotes:

"A democracy cannot exist as a permanent form of government. It can only exist until the voters discover that they can vote themselves largess of the public treasury. From that time on the majority always votes for the candidates promising the most benefits from the public treasury, with the results that a democracy always collapses over loose fiscal policy, always followed by a dictatorship."
Sir Alexander Fraser Tyler

And this change, that is happening right in front of us, will lead to the following:

"A democracy is nothing more than mob rule, where fifty-one percent of the people may take away the rights (and the money... I added this part) of the other forty-nine."
Thomas Jefferson


0 comments: