Thursday, November 16, 2006

My First Comment

I’m new to blogging. I would not characterize myself as a writer, though my wife says I do fairly well signing cards to people. This blog is a way to express ideas and thoughts, and I committed to give this a shot. My goal is to write a post each day for 21 days. After that, who knows? I don’t expect anyone to ever read them. It is much more fun that I thought it would be, so I don't really care if anyone does.

The inspiration for me was a recent retreat I attended (…well…not that recent really…now that I think about it...it was back in January) called BrainCamp in New York City. It’s where leaders and trendsetters in the kid’s entertainment space gather to be inspired, challenged, and to network. One of the speakers, Fred Seibert (former president of Hanna-Barbera) said this about blogging: “If you don’t have a blog- you’re stupid.”

That was it for me..no one was going to call me stupid. So I went right away, 11 months later, and started this blog. Again, with no idea anyone would read any of this.

Last night everything changed. SomeONE had actually read one of my posts! Wow! He (or she) had even left a comment. Maybe I DO care.





I will treasure those words and that emoticon forever. Thanks FMF.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

And I'm still reading! (I have your RSS feed in Bloglines)

A few things:

1. I'm glad you liked the comment -- and I'm happy to be first.

2. I LOVED the post -- how you bent your builder over a piano. It's a classic!

3. You know me. I write anonymously as FMF on my blog because I reveal some sensitive financial issues of my own (many money bloggers do this.) But if you think real hard, you'll probably come up with who I am. Send me an email and I can give you all the ins and outs of blogging if you like.