Monday, September 03, 2007

We Have No Idea

This morning I gleaned through the headlines on the Drudge Report and bounced around a few other news sites like ABC, Fox News, AP, Reuters and Breitbart. After a few minutes something I had read over faily quickly started to sink in. My subconscious sort of asked my heart, “wait- do you realize what you read a few minutes ago and passed right over just as quickly as the story about CBS “Kid Nation” controversy?”

It started to sink in, and I went back to the story: “Rocket Lands by Israeli Day Care Center.”

9 Kuds-3 rockets were fired into Israel from the Gaza strip this morning. A Islamic Jihad website said that the attack was "a present for the start of the new school year." One of the rockets had landed in the play yard of the pre-school (while in session), and 12 people, including some babies, suffered shock and a building was damaged.

How absolutely sick is that? How do the parents in these areas- Jews and Arabs alike- live like this? Last year our youngest girl finished her last year at Berry’s Chapel Pre-school. I cant imagine how I would feel if I got word that rockets had landed in the playground of her pre-school. Firstly, I would have to be restrained by police because I would find out who did it and make their life miserable… and likely shortened by some great amount. If there was a hint it would happen again and no one could stop it, I would do whatever it took to get the heck out of here to find somewhere people valued life.

I simply can not imagine such a life. A place where death can rain down from the sky at any moment.





2 comments:

Christa said...

I'm constantly amazed at what our news skips over for more 'worthy' headlines like what Paris is up to or some other nonsense. I can't imagine living in a place like this, and I also can't imagine the mind-set it would take in order to keep perpetrating this kind of horror.

Liza on Maui said...

I can't imagine either ...

I guess that will make us "trust God" more and rely upon Him.. if we are there ...

and now it should make us more thankful everyday that we are here and not there ...

but then again it really does not matter if we are here or there - bottomline, we should trust God and be thankful always...