Monday, June 08, 2009

Bug Zapper

I finally did it… I bought one of those campy creepy bug zappers for the back porch.

I’ve always wanted one- just something about that crackle and pop indicating a pesky gnat, moth or some other flying thingy just got juiced. I had no intention of buying one when I went to Lowe’s yesterday, but it was on special, on the power isle, and I just couldn’t resist.

The thing that pushed me over the edge to lay down the $45 for the “Stinger Outdoor Ultra Insect Killer” was the packaging. More specifically, the call-out box that informed me:

“How it works: A 40 watt ultraviolet black light excites insects and lures them into the electric grid, where they are electrocuted and fall harmlessly to the ground.”



Something about the brutality and compassion all rolled into one just moved my heart.

2 comments:

therapydoc said...

Just saying hi. Those bug zappers are a key to life, one of them.

Mary said...

Oh, I do love your post about Obama failing! Very, very good! I also like the this one about the Stinger that you bought at Lowes...if I didn't know better, I would think my husband wrote this!

Thanks for the suggestion to look at the other trailer for Faith Like Potatoes. After posting it today, I was going to send it on via email to friends, but haven't yet, so I'll go grab the better one and send it instead.

Have a wonderful week!

Mary