While perusing various commentaries on the debate from the left and right, I found this write-up from Ed Morrisey. I must say it's my favorite so far:
Key Obama Quotes from the first debate:
1. Well, I think Senator McCain’s absolutely right that we need more responsibility...
2. Well, Senator McCain is absolutely right that the earmarks process has been abused...
3. And he’s also right that oftentimes lobbyists and special interests are the ones that are introducing these kinds of requests...
4. Now, John mentioned the fact that business taxes on paper are high in this country, and he’s absolutely right.
5. But John is right we have to make cuts.
6. Senator McCain is absolutely right that the violence has been reduced as a consequence of the extraordinary sacrifice of our troops and our military families.
7. And, John, I — you’re absolutely right that presidents have to be prudent in what they say.
8. Now, Senator McCain is also right that it’s difficult.
9. Senator McCain is absolutely right, we cannot tolerate a nuclear Iran.
"Geez, if McCain is right that often, why not just elect him President?"