Friday, December 05, 2008

We Are Now Dog People

I grew up with dogs my whole life. I can barely remember the ones from my early years- Chocolate (killed by a neighbor with a shotgun when he messed in his yard once too often), Smoky, a Dalmatian, and then Daisy. Our cute cocka-poo.

She was followed by Ringo that on well beyond the time I moved out from home.

And that was it, for more than 20 years, until a few weeks ago.




We have a tradition where each of our girls gets to choose their heart’s desire for their 13th birthday gift (you can read more about that here), and L chose a dog. We spent several months thinking about the breed to get and finally found a cute Yorkshire Terrier pup.



I fought it off for along time… fearing the dog-smell and inevitable messes around the house, but I finally gave in.

Our new little girl, Bella, has already found a place in all of our hearts, despite her insistence to not use the facilities outside.

3 comments:

Liza on Maui said...

My daughter was a dog soooo bad! She wished it for her birthday _ I didn't give in. Now it's on her Christmas list ... she's not giving up. I am a afraid I might give in soon ;)

Liza on Maui said...

This puppy is sooo cute! I bet so expensive too :)

DigitalRich said...

A mere $800 :)

Which, I have no doubt, will pale in comparison to the upkeep costs spread over the little buggers life. Good news? Michelle's sister, Jackie, who lives 30min away is a vet.

So far, I must admit, I love the little rat and am glad we got her.