Wednesday, February 04, 2009

Sir Alexander Fraser Tyler Was Right- We’re In Big Trouble

Here’s an interesting quote that rubs up against every fiber of my being, my whole lifetime of being taught, and believing, that democracy is an almost perfect form of government:

"A democracy cannot exist as a permanent form of government.

It can only exist until the voters discover that they can vote themselves largess of the public treasury.

From that time on the majority always votes for the candidates promising the most benefits from the public treasury, with the results that a democracy always collapses over loose fiscal policy,

...always followed by a dictatorship."

- Sir Alexander Fraser Tyler

So there it is.

We have reached the tipping point. I truly believe now, for the first time in my life, America’s greatest days may be behind her.

As anecdotal evidence, I put forth these advertisements flooding the internet (see image).

We’re in big trouble.

0 comments: