Sunday, October 08, 2006

Quotes Collection 8

A collection of some of my favorite quotes:

Blessed is the man who, having nothing to say, abstains from giving in words evidence to the fact.
-George Eliot

This report, by its very length, defends itself against the risk of being read.
-Winston Churchill

MTV has transformed itself from a kind of video jukebox into a programming service pandering to teens and their legions of base instincts. The channel is now defined more by shows like the stunt-moron showcase Jackass, the shockingly kinky ( and even more shockingly tedious) soap opera Undressed, and the dull bacchanalian throb of its annual (and nearly perpetual) Spring Break programming....Only by a definition written under the influence of hyperactive hormones is fare like this good entertainment.
-Media critic Steve Johnson, Chicago Tribune, March 21

[Israeli women] always invite me to their functions, and I categorically refuse because I hate Israel.
-Soha Arafat, wife of Yassar Arafat, on the possibility of peace with Israel, Time, May 24

I was looking at this woman and I was trying to figure out what was on her forehead. At first I thought you were in the [Seattle] earthquake. I realized you're just Jesus freaks, You ought to be working for Fox.
-Ted Turner, when he attended a retirement party for CNN anchor Bernard Shaw on Ash Wednesday, EP News Service, Mar. 16

I apologize to all Christians for my comment about Catholics wearing ashes on their foreheads. I do not believe in any form of prejudice or discrimination, especially religious intolerance.
-Ted Turner, after being chastised for his comments at the retirement party for CNN anchor Bernard Shaw, EP News Services, Mar. 16






Click here if you would like to subscribe to the DigitalRichDaily
E-mail update. Place 'subscribe' in the subject line.

0 comments: