Monday, February 19, 2007

The Best Laid Schemes Of Mice And Men

This morning I was ready for the normal Monday holiday routine- Get up late, make coffee, write a stunningly deep and thought provoking post for DigitalRichDaily, do the bills, and enjoy the free day.

This morning I knew something had gone awry when I made the coffee and went to get the half-and-half from the refrigerator to tone down the extra-strong espresso I prepared. As I approached the refrigerator I caught a strange smell- almost like rotting food.

When I opened the refrigerator door, a blast of summer heat hit me, as well as the putrid stench of food gone bad. The refrigerator hadn’t just stopped working- it actually turned into an oven. The temperature report looked like a thermometer in Phoenix, in the shade- a lovely spring day of 106 degrees. The freezer was fine at leat- a still icy 0 degrees.

There went the morning. Michelle spent the next couple hours dumping hundreds of dollars of food in the trash, mopping up pools of butter, scraping off pounds of biscuit dough that had exploded out of canisters, while I burned up the hours researching what in the world could cause a refrigerator to go 70 degrees in the wrong direction. GE service man will be here tomorrow between 9AM and 5PM. Should be a nice $200-300 worth of parts and labor I’m sure.

Have a happy President's Day.






Click here if you would like to subscribe to the DigitalRichDaily
E-mail update. Place 'subscribe' in the subject line.

1 comments:

Liza on Maui said...

Oh joy! I hope the appliance guy can have it fixed right away.

Hey, I like your music today. Like that dancin' beat!

Happy President's Day.