Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Daddy, Can We Be Home Schooled?

Last night as I put the two little ones to bed (A & R) and proceeded to start the nightly ritual of back scratching, R said “Daddy, can we please be homeschooled?”

Michelle and I have talked about this idea several times over the last many years and just don’t see ourselves as the homeschooling type. We admire those that can do it, and know several people that do it quite well. We’re just not one of them.

I asked R why she wanted to be homeschooled and she said that it was real nice not having to get up early and go to school the last several days of Christmas break.

She then paused a second and added “plus, school is about the only bad thing in my life and I’d like to get rid of it.”

If only things we didn’t want to do were that easy to end.







0 comments: