Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Being Right

I watched a film this past weekend that really impacted me. It continues to impact me. I can’t stop thinking about it. I watched it Saturday night, and the weird thing is on Sunday morning at church my pastor covered pretty much the same topic. It was like a double-whammy from God.

The film is basically about American Christianity vs. the Gospel of Jesus Christ. I have probably been an adherent more of the former than the latter. And the film is shaking the foundations of my faith. In a good way.

I think I am too focused on, to worried about, being right- or rather correct- on all the hot topics. I am thinking more and more about how important those things are in light of other weightier issues. How important is the topic of global warming compared to the needs of a child in abject poverty? How important is the homosexual agenda in light of my friend that is dying of cancer and leaving a wife and three kids behind?

Thinking. Questioning. Wondering what is beyond and within the matrix of this physical life more than ever before.






Click here if you would like to subscribe to the DigitalRichDaily
E-mail update. Place 'subscribe' in the subject line.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What was the film?

DigitalRich said...

Unfortunately I am not at liberty to say publically FMF. I will give it to you in a private email :)

DigitalRich