Sunday, May 13, 2007

7 Out of 7 Means Death For Weeds

Finally! The perfect combination of variables occurred this morning at 6:30AM that I have been waiting for all spring. I finally get to fertilize and weed the grass with the Scott's Turf Builder that has been sitting in my garage since November:

1) Temperature at least 60 degrees.

2) Temps not hitting over 80 degrees during the next 24 hours.

3) No rain expected in the next 24 hours.

4) Wet lawn (from either rain or dew).

5) Lawn at least 4 inches high so weeds are bloomed and showing.

6) Lawn not too high as to touch the bottom of the spreader.

7) Calm day- no wind.

Surprising how hard it is to get all those to come together.






Click here if you would like to subscribe to the DigitalRichDaily
E-mail update. Place 'subscribe' in the subject line.

2 comments:

Liza on Maui said...

Perfect!
We use Scott's Turf Builder too!

Oh my..."Whip IT" is playing on the background - bring back fun high school memories for me :)

Christa said...

This made me laugh, my husband had nearly this same conversation with me this past Saturday as he contemplated our lawn.

Sadly, we went above 80 on the next day - so he has not yet been able to use the Magic Solution.