Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Smeared Light

Last night, driving home from yet another softball game for one of my girls, something very unusual happened. At least it was unusual for me. Never happened.

I drove through a…school? A flock? A pack..of lighting bugs. At 50MPH.

My windshield started presenting a brilliant display of luminescent green fireworks, bright flares of green soupy liquid light appearing with appropriate sound effects (Tink. Thump. Smack). Each little lightning bug ending his short life in a display of light fit for a DisneyWorld night-time parade.

It was mesmerizing. My windshield lit up and looked like a miniature deep black sky with little green stars spread all about. I stared and wondered at it. I then almost drove off the road. Do you remember the scene from Finding Nemo when Marlin and Dory are deep in the ocean and enchanted by the light from an Angler Fish? They are lured to a near-death experience.

That was me last night.






Click here if you would like to subscribe to the DigitalRichDaily
E-mail update. Place 'subscribe' in the subject line.

0 comments: