Friday, May 04, 2007

Today I Had A Visitor

Working hard. Deadline. Stuff to do. Phone’s ringing. Something moves outside and catches my eye.

I dropped what I was doing because what I say out of the corner of my eye I think was fairly large and seemed to be walking. I went to the door of my office (that looks out on a patio and several lush acres of grass and trees) to find an interesting looking visitor.



I stepped out to say hello, but he was not very friendly. He started clicking and clacking his mouth and/or teeth at me, and at one point turned around and buried his head first in a corner, and then in a drainage hole in an ostrichesque attempt to make me go away.



Is it a ground hog? A Beaver? No big tail though, so I guess not. A Wolverine? I have no idea. If you know what it is let me know.









Click here if you would like to subscribe to the DigitalRichDaily
E-mail update. Place 'subscribe' in the subject line.

3 comments:

Vixen said...

That's a groundhog if I've ever saw one...and I've seen a few. Cool Blog. Found my way via Nicole's blog! :)

Christa said...

You know, we have these things called Marmots, or 'Whistle Pigs' here up high in the Colorado Mountains. They're a bit more red than your strange beastie here - but if he whistled loudly when he got scared...you may have a relative living over near you.

Big fat cuties I think.

As long as they're not consuming my garden at unsustainable rates. :)

DigitalRich said...

I think Vixen is right- I think it is, I mean WAS a groundhog.

I think I saw him laid out and flat on the way to a softball game tonight, right out in front of my house. Looked to have been flattened by a passing car. So, my post has turned into a memorial to his short little life I guess. Probably the only pictures ever taken of this little guy. I guess I should give him a name. I will call him "Pancake."