Sunday, February 18, 2007

Pardon Me Whilst I Puke

I don’t think I have turned off television and radio and clicked off websites more after hearing lame excuses for news than I have this past week.

“And now an update on the Anna Nicole Smith saga (click). Stay tuned for an amazing story about Britney Spears cutting off all her hair (click). Algore is planning a huge concert to save the planet (click). Nancy Pelosi said (click). Jack Murtha said (click). Giuliani said (click). Obama said (click). Prince Harry will be serving in Iraq (click). Rosie and the Donald are at it again (click).”

I can’t take it anymore. I will still check the Drudge Report briefly each morning to make sure some cataclysmic act of God isn’t bearing down on my house AGAIN, but other than that, I need a break.






Click here if you would like to subscribe to the DigitalRichDaily
E-mail update. Place 'subscribe' in the subject line.

3 comments:

Liza on Maui said...

:) - reading this post makes me thankfulw e do not have cable or any commercial TV network in our house.

But they're all over teh internet too...oh well...

Anonymous said...

I don't blame you. I don't have a TV and rarely listen to the radio. But I do surf the web and despite my lack of interest in celebrity doings, I know a lot more about Smith and Spears than I'd like. Celebrity news lurks on most sites like magazines and candy near the checkout counter.

I feel for you.

Christa said...

At my work, they have FOX news playing 24/7 in the cafeteria. . .once can't happily eat breakfast OR lunch without hearing all this constant nonsense. Occasionally, I enjoy watching The Daily Show to break up the monotony and see that other people think it's as ridiculous as I do.