Friday, January 26, 2007

Life Is Full Of Contradictions…I Know. I Am One

So last night I re-read my post from yesterday, Priorities. I though it was a well delivered statement pointing out a wrong that is about to be perpetrated by our Congress.

Then, something in the back of my mind popped up…an irksome thought about the words I used not being in alignment with some previous words I wrote.

From my post on December 11th 2006:

It was a well delivered call for love and kindness online, and a warning that the internet in general, and blog’s specifically, are just an extension of our tongues. Through our words we all have the power to
give life and lift up, or bring death and tear down.

The conflict? I guess calling the US Senate’s Foreign Relations Committee “weak-kneed traitorous fools” would not qualify as constructive language even when taking someone to task, confronting wrong or rebuking.

Check out Matthew 5:21-22 from The Message:

"You're familiar with the command to the ancients, 'Do not murder.' I'm telling you that anyone who is so much as angry with a brother or sister is guilty of murder. Carelessly call a brother 'idiot!' and you just might find yourself hauled into court. Thoughtlessly yell 'stupid!' at a sister and you are on the brink of hellfire. The simple moral fact is that words kill.”

So allow me to restate the opening remark from yesterday’s post. I am officially changing it to:
“Yesterday the US Senate acted like cowards. The Senate Foreign Relations Committee approved a resolution condemning President Bush's surge plan in the war in Iraq. It will show up for a vote soon.”

Better.








Click here if you would like to subscribe to the DigitalRichDaily
E-mail update. Place 'subscribe' in the subject line.

0 comments: