Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Priorities

Right now, this very moment, there is need and suffering in my circle of concern. Beyond that circle, a far greater and unfathomably larger world exists with even more that I’m not even aware of.

In my circle of concern, RIGHT NOW…


  • There is a man that just lost his wife to breast cancer and is spinning out of control.

  • There is a woman whose father passed away and is carrying the weight of the family business and its overwhelming her.

  • There is a woman that is broken and crushed by the fact that her loving, kind and thoughtful son is in jail for a night of recklessness- he was driving drunk while on spring break and killed a young woman.

  • There is a man who just found out he has cancer and is fighting for his life.

  • There is a sick three year old boy with a terminal illness who has little time left.

  • There is a boy whose brother, a policeman, was shot and killed by a motorist he pulled over on the highway.

  • There is a family that has lost all they had to a fire, just after the husband lost his job- they are broke.

  • There is a man and woman with kids, divorced, struggling each on their own to provide for their families through a time of financial struggle and personal pain.

  • There is a young girl whose parents are not engaged in her life who is experimenting with anything she can find to get attention and fulfillment.

  • And on, and on, and on.

Tell me again why I should care one bit what politicians say are the things Americans should be most concerned about?

Please don't read into this that I am somehow a greatly thoughtful and caring person... I am not.

I have a LONG way to go. I am humbled when I hear of the struggles people are going through, and THEN hear of the people around them that are really doing something about it. That's what I need to start doing. Sharing concern and praying for these people are good- don't get me wrong, but I need to start putting legs on those and get in gear.









Click here if you would like to subscribe to the DigitalRichDaily
E-mail update. Place 'subscribe' in the subject line.

1 comments:

Liza on Maui said...

touching and thought provoking - makes us look at our own priorities...