Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Three Strikes And I'm Out

I don't get sick.

At least that is what I have said on a few occasions. Most notably, right before I got a horrible case of the flu a couple years ago, and then again last year right before I got a bad stomach virus.

I said it again on Christmas day when I started running a slight fever.

"It's no biggie- I don't get sick." Is what I recall saying to family that had gathered at our house for Christmas dinner. I didn't slow down or rest much during the following week.

So here I sit at home today, while the rest of the crew is out for the day, in my third day of fever and most assuredly a nice neat case of the flu.

I will no longer utter those words. Time for more Motrin.






Click here if you would like to subscribe to the DigitalRichDaily
E-mail update. Place 'subscribe' in the subject line.

0 comments: