Friday, April 13, 2007

My Top 5 Obsessive Thoughts

My blogquaintance MsQ has tagged me to write about my top 5 obsessive thoughts. I can’t imagine too many people would find them interesting. I recommend you skip DigitalRichDaily today and come back tomorrow! See ya.

Top 5 Obsessive Thoughts

Number 5 is LAND
For years I have dreamed of owning massive tracts of land. It's not a money or status thing- I just want to have a few thousand acres someday to call my own. I want to walk it, ride it (ATV/4x4), feel it, smell it, and pass it on to my kids. Weird, isn’t it?

Number 4 is THREATS
I think it’s a man/dad thing. I think about those things that could/might threaten my family. I keep an eye out for situations and people that might threaten us. Reading the book ‘Protecting The Gift’ really supported and explained these thoughts to me. Protecting The Gift is about recognizing, nurturing and understanding our natural ability to sense fear and threat. Fear is totally different than worry. Fear is the gift to protect.

Number 3 is JUSTICE & MERCY
I want justice for those that hurt children. I want justice for those that threaten the helpless. I am thankful for mercy so that we may get, if we accept it, what we don’t deserve.

Number 2 is PROVISIONS
Again, a man/dad thing. I want to provide for my wife and children. Love, support, encouragement, shelter, food, security, leadership, and so much more.

Number 1 is HEAVEN
What will it be like? I am learning the importance of thinking about heaven- about eternal things.

“If you read history you will find that the Christians who did most for the present world were just those who thought most of the next. The Apostles themselves, who set on foot the conversion of the Roman Empire, the great men who built up the Middle Ages, the English Evangelicals who abolished the Slave Trade, all left their mark on Earth, precisely because their minds were occupied with Heaven. It is since Christians have largely ceased to think of the other world that they have become so ineffective in this. Aim at Heaven and you will get Earth "thrown in": aim at Earth and you will get neither.”
-C.S. Lewis

And now I shall tag a few others:
The Eccentric Blonde
The Glamourous Life
Liza's Eye View
Of Magic and Sensibility

I know I'm supposed to tag 5 others, but unfortunately I just don't know too many other bloggers well. Not sure if that is good or bad.






Click here if you would like to subscribe to the DigitalRichDaily
E-mail update. Place 'subscribe' in the subject line.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great obsessions and I wondered if lawn-mowing would fit in somehow and I think it does...I mean what with this LAND you obsess about.

I hope you have a great weekend!

Liza on Maui said...

Hey..I find your obsessive thoughts quite interesting. And yes, I see lots of "daddy thinking" in it.

Hmmm..now I have to think of what I think about all the time :) ...

I'll let you know when it's up and posted...

Liza on Maui said...

it's up:

http://lizas-eyeview.blogspot.com/2007/04/5-things-i-think-about-often.html

Gary Ashton said...

Mr Rich,
You know one day you will have all that land and then be faced with the realization that you will have to maintain it all!

Are you still enjoying the time on the lawnmower or has that novelty worn off yet? I always mean to ask as I seem to remember that I predicted it would get old very quickly ;)

TTYS

G :)