Monday, April 30, 2007

Carnival of The Storytellers 8th Edition

Hey there Storytellers and Storyreaders-

It's time for edition number 8 at the old Carnival of the Storytellers, and this issue is sure to...to...well, it's actually not sure to do anything.

I must admit I was a bit disappointed with the number and content of the submissions. Am I being too negative? I don't think so...just brutally and non-diplomatically honest.

Here we go....

*****C*A*R*N*I*V*A*L***OF***T*H*E***S*T*O*R*Y*T*E*L*L*E*R*S*****




From here on out, whenever I have a bad day and think it can’t get worse, I will come back to my blog and read this post by Kara-Leah Masina. Although it ends in a better place than it started, she hasn’t yet reached the happy ending. Check out How to survive near-drowning in an ocean of tears posted at K-L Masina.






Hueina Su presents Life Balance Lessons: 7 Keys to Avoid Burnout posted at Intensive Care for the Nurturer's Soul, saying, "Burnout could greatly impact a person's physical & emotional health, relationships, work, and everyone related to him/her. When you are burned out, you can't function at your best, and everyone you care about suffer with you. It's not difficult to see that there is much at stake. Here are some proactive steps you can take today to prevent (or overcome) Nurturing Burnout."





Corner Scribe writes about her earliest recollection of writing a story. I remember mine- I was in fourth grade and I started a book called “The Band” about four childhood friends that made it big in a rock band. Coincidentally, about that time I had discovered and fell-in love with The Beatles. Hmm. Read Write about your FIRST TIME posted at cornerscribe.com.





This really should be classified under Humor- very funny. Stephanie bares all about when she bared all for a recent massage. Fortunately for her the massage therapist didn’t gasp or cry out. That would have been a bit embarrassing. Can relaxation and embarrassment coexist? posted at Adventures in the 100 Acre Wood.


I must admit- once on a dare I spent an entire evening at a club in Chicago with my friend Achim sporting a British accent. I was amazed at how I was treated. It probably helped that the people I was talking to were a bit altered by adult beverages. Arun goes WAY further than I did and almost gets sucked in to living a lie. He presents Arun Hangs Out With/Cons the Real World/Road Rules Cast posted at Arun is bringing you...Your Daily Remedy, saying, "My Fun yet deceiving encounter with the cast of MTV's "Road Rules" last weekend!"






I have never been a big Ernest Hemmingway fan. In fact, I’m not even a little Hemmingway fan. I tried to read one of his books years ago in school, and the last thing I remember was poking a hot iron in my eye to get out of having to read it and write a report. Al Nye gives us a work of fiction by Hemmingway I thoroughly enjoyed. A first. He presents Greatest Short Story Ever Written -- Just 6 Words posted at Al Nye The Lawyer Guy.


I really struggled with the introduction to this next submission. I tried hard. Really hard. I want to say something nice here but I just can’t find the words, and Jorge seems like such a nice guy and a dedicated father. But, alas, I must honestly give my opinion. This is the worst children’s story I have ever read in my entire life. It was so bad, it was actually fun to read. Sort of. Sorry Jorge. Cowie the Dog posted at Stories From Papi, saying, "The adventure of losing a dog."


*****C*A*R*N*I*V*A*L***OF***T*H*E***S*T*O*R*Y*T*E*L*L*E*R*S*****


That concludes this edition. Submit your blog article to the next edition of carnival of the storytellers using our carnival submission form. Past posts and future hosts can be found on our blog carnival index page.






Click here if you would like to subscribe to the DigitalRichDaily
E-mail update. Place 'subscribe' in the subject line.

2 comments:

Stephanie Appleton said...

Yes, I wasn't certain where it belonged - Real Life or Humor. Hey if we can't laugh at ourselves . . .

Anonymous said...

Hey,

Thanks for including my post - and I'm glad it made you feel better!

I don't know if there is any such thing as a happy ending, but there is definitely happy living, and I've made it there!

I'm looking forward to reading through some of the other entries.

Much happiness,
Kara-Leah