Saturday, May 12, 2007

Where Is DigitalRich?

Don’t know if you have ever read Ayn Rand’s masterpiece “Atlas Shrugged,’ but I did at a relatively young age. It really impacted my thinking and philosophy regarding work, reward, purpose and drive.

In the book, a man named John Galt inspires a movement- an underground revolution against bureaucracy and the entitlement-nation. Essentially, the 20% of the population that provides the vast majority of tax revenue for the government and most all the non-governmental jobs, decide to go on strike. They are sick and tired of those who use force to obtain value from those who produce it.

They quit. The ever-encroaching government looking to tax more and take their production and production capabilities away, and force them to go against free-market checks and balances have had enough. They quietly disappear. One by one. Until the world is dramatically changed.

All over the world the question "Where is John Galt? starts to appear- a subtle call to arms for those who are like-minded.


Why did this book suddenly come to mind this morning? I think it has something to do with working on bills, dealing with the MASSIVE checks I had to write the IRS recently, and already dealing with my next quarterly payment next month. More than ever before I feel like I am working FOR the IRS to help them re-distribute my wealth to others.

Do I sound angry or bitter? I’m not. I’m just contemplating a strike.







Click here if you would like to subscribe to the DigitalRichDaily
E-mail update. Place 'subscribe' in the subject line.

1 comments:

Christa said...

I have a friend who doesn't believe in taxes, he runs his own business and because federal taxes are unconstitutional, he sends a copy of the Constitution each time a notice gets sent his way.

Now, I'm not sure I would dash into the fray quite like this, but I'm sick of losing so much of my paycheck to taxes also. My husband and I are DINKs, and make decent money - so we pay a staggering percentage.

If we all banded up on the 'no taxes' bandwagon, perhaps change would happen...but I don't think many people would be willing to risk that. I'm game if you are. :)