Thursday, March 15, 2007

In The Mood For A Rant

I’m a bit punchy today. In a better mood than yesterday, but ready to bite if I’m poked too hard. A few things are poking me right now. Here I go:

1. Predators. There are too many stories of wolves that are allowed to prowl unwatched, seeking to devour our kids. If I hear one more story of a child beaten, abused, abducted, violated or broken by some sicko I think I will pop a gasket. That will likely happen, unfortunately, tomorrow or the next day. We have allowed our society to excuse and protect these animals. We need to cut them off. I mean cut them off from society. I guess, “cutting them off” could be good to. We protect free speech in the form of deviant media and behavior, we raise our kids in a world saturated with sex and relative values, and we wonder why there is a growing population of evil people wandering around in search of those they may consume. And when they do? We give them 90 days in jail and let them out again. SICK OF IT. In Dante’s Inferno, the deepest level of Hell is reserved for traitors- those that betray friends. I am hopeful there is one level beyond, undiscovered during Dante’s subconscious journey into Hades, that will hold those that have hurt a child.

2. Politicians. I can’t stand to hear the screech and whine of our politician’s voices any longer. There is NOTHING a conservative can do without raising a chorus of liberal voices screaming foul. And there is NOTHING a liberal can do…period. The whole lot is a waste. Do me a favor politicians- build roads and bridges, train our military to be the best in the world and use them ALL OUT against those that would do us harm, make sure the 911 system works, fund and staff police and fire stations, and serve one term and then get a real job.

3. Pockets. These drive me nuts because its where people tuck away hidden agenda’s, hidden grudges, monologues about people that leave the room, and all sorts of cowardice. Bring it out. Put it on the table. Be bold. Be honest. Lay it out for all to see, and be prepared to eat your words or thoughts if proven wrong.

4. Institutional Idiocy. Large companies that are so behemoth that each department or division is driven by what is best for “their” people, not what is best for the greater mission and purpose. There are times to lie on a grenade to make sure your army wins.

5. Clutter. My desk and office are getting pretty bad. I guess on this one I could for sure do something about the problem fairly quickly. Nevermind.

6. Telephones. My office phone and cell phone would be thrown in the fire-pit in my backyard if it wouldn’t paralyze some people that don’t know how to use E-mail, IMs or face-to-face visits. The worst is when people call and I don’t pick up because I’m in the middle of something..and then they call again in 2 minutes. And then again. And again. LEAVE A MESSAGE.

7. Humidity.

8. Rosie O’Donnell. Nuf said.

9. Taxes. On April 15th I have to pay so much money it would make your head spin. I guess with the war and Pelosi’s new private jet we’ve got quite a bill to pay.

10. Clamshell packaging. I bought a new set of headphones to make Skype phone calls and I almost lost my left index finger to a sharp plastic edge. They were created to keep losers from easily opening the package and stuffing valuable down their pants along with the steaks and CDs already in there. One more way the silt at the bottom of the barrel makes our lives more difficult.


Well. I feel much better thank you. Have a nice day! :)






Click here if you would like to subscribe to the DigitalRichDaily
E-mail update. Place 'subscribe' in the subject line.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Rant on!

"There is NOTHING a conservative can do without raising a chorus of liberal voices screaming foul. And there is NOTHING a liberal can do…period." hahaha!

I live in a liberal state and rarely find much to read about the Conservative viewpoint. I try to read both sides but you're right - a Conservative talks and then then the Liberals start talking louder until all you hear is what they have to say which seems to be about Bush being evil and why it's important to call ourselves Pet Guardians instead of Pet Owners.

That while they step over the homeless.

Hmm.

I hate that clamshell packaging! If I purchase something in one of those things for my mom, I make sure to open it for her. Those things are dangerous!

Excellent rant. You've had a rough week. Good to get it off your chest before the weekend.

Leighton @ My Best Investments said...

1. Amen
2. Amen
3. Amen
4. Amen
5. Amen
6. Amen
7. I'm alright with humidity.
8. Amen
9. Amen
10. Amen

DigitalRich said...

I really try to keep from touching on politics. That is a SURE way to keep people from visiting a blog again, unless you want to jump in the crappy world of political blogging (which I DO NOT). Appreciate the acceptance from you two :)

DigitalRich