Monday, July 16, 2007

Picture and Story 5

I went through a "photography" phase in high school. I was given an old 35mm SLR camera that my grandfather had owned, bought some film, and snapped away.

Soon after I signed up for B&W Photography as an elective while in the 10th grade, and as part of the class we learned about trick photography.

This was one of my first attempts- back in the day before simple image manipulation on computers. It involved taking two separate photographs, and changing out the negatives while exposing only one half of the photo paper to light at a time.

The subject is Travis Pape- a good friend from my church youth group, and the photo was actually taken at our church- The Gaithersburg Church of the Nazarene in Maryland, shot sometime in 1982 or 1983.







Click here if you would like to subscribe to the DigitalRichDaily
E-mail update. Place 'subscribe' in the subject line.

0 comments: