Saturday, August 18, 2007

I Like The Beatles More Than Aly & AJ

Sweeter words were never spoken by any other 8 year old girl. It happened while driving to dinner at Macaroni Grill. I had made a mix CD to play out by the pool a few weeks ago, loaded with some of the best Beatles songs (not all well known), and it ended up in our family van.

Michelle was driving- I was just too exhausted after a long day. I leaned back in the seat, closed my eyes, and let the Beatles pour out of the speakers. All four girls have learned most of the songs and were singing along.

During one of the quieter songs- I think it was Across The Universe- A mentioned casually that she liked The Beatles more than Aly & AJ (the nearly undisputed music heavy weight with the girls. Switchfoot and Relient K are up there too). All 3 of the other girls agreed, and a couple even mentioned The Beatles were their favorite group.

My life is complete.





0 comments: