Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Old Men?

I am getting to that age. I had a dinner meeting with two other gentlemen, both in their mid-50s. I am still 15 years away from that, thank goodness, but got a glimpse of what is to come.

As I prepared to enjoy a fine meal, a lovely merlot, and a mix of business and personal conversation before our real meeting with the whole team the next morning, things went sideways.

One of them talked about a medical procedure he had awhile back, and that started a full hour full of medical horror stories of cancers, heart attacks, lost friends, scars, surgeries, prostate issues, and much more. Much more.

I could barely enjoy the meal while I listened politely and didn’t say a word.

I thought this was supposed to start in the late 60’s or early 70’s after retirement?





0 comments: