Thursday, June 21, 2007

All Grown Up

About 8 years ago while at EMI a friend of mine in the A&R department called and asked if he could bring a young artist and her mom to my office to meet me. Of course I wanted to meet her- love to meet new young artists before they get molded and packaged. It’s a great way to see who they really are before they become too mature and practiced.

In walked a little girl- Rachael Lampa- and her mom. She was about 14 or so and we had a nice conversation full of small talk. They played a cut of her music for me and I was amazed at her voice. So powerful and full for such a little girl.

Today, 8 years later I met with her again. One of my clients has an opportunity I thought she may find interesting. Now 22, a lovely woman, and an artist searching for her next musical venture and direction, I reminded her that we had met some years ago in my office at EMI Music.

She had no earthly idea what I was talking about, but took my word that we had met.






Click here if you would like to subscribe to the DigitalRichDaily
E-mail update. Place 'subscribe' in the subject line.

0 comments: