Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Carnival of The Storytellers 11th Edition

Welcome to the June 11, 2007 edition of carnival of the storytellers.



A few days late this edition. It seems to be the norm for me now. I still enjoy blogging and this carnival as much as I ever did, but the time has gone. Left me. The early morning blog-time now stolen by work. Back to normal I guess.

This week 17 entries…and 10 made the cut. Elvis didn’t make it with his first post, but managed to tell a second story without gratuitous sex and language problems. In his rejected post he really out did himself using every one of the 7 forbidden words. Yikes.


*****C*A*R*N*I*V*A*L***OF***T*H*E***S*T*O*R*Y*T*E*L*L*E*R*S*****


A post that references both Princess Diana and Paris Hilton…and yet is still worthwhile to read. Hueina Su presents Practice Detached Involvement posted at Intensive Care for the Nurturer's Soul, saying, "Parenting is one "risky business" with very unpredictable ROI. Sometimes things just don't work out the way you want it, despite your best intention & efforts. What can you do to save your sanity and inner peace? I learned this the hard way back in my RN days..."

Jack Yoest presents Management Training, Military Recruiting: Too Easy? posted at Reasoned Audacity, saying, "If a task is too easy, men won't do it. A team will pull together and accomplish most any project if it is perceived as a "Peak Experience." But most management training and large organizations may not be challenging enough to develop teams or develop leaders. Naval writer Patrick O'Brien speaks to the challenge that men need. In the age of sail and tall masts, sailors climbing"



A sweet story of a little bunny, and like many children’s stories, a lesson woven in. Divya presents Bobby and the Magic Potion posted at inkpenny, saying, "A delightful little story on why bunny's have their teeth sticking out!"

Divya gives us another story for children, with an age-old recipe of a princess held hostage and a brave man to save her. Other than the impossibly to prounounce character names, a fairly interesting read for kids. The Mango Maid posted at inkpenny, saying, "A fascinating fantasy story for older children. Adventure, magic and love - it's got it all."


Here is a fun read about becoming a man through trial and tribulation. A man must pass the great test- fixing a flat tire on the side of the road. I have passed just such a test. A few times. Does that make me more of a man than Anmol Mehta? He presents Today I Finally Passed the Test and Have Officially Become a Man posted at Mastery of Meditation, Enlightenment & Kundalini Yoga, saying, "How I finally passed my big test and hints to help you pass yours."

It’s always a pleasure to read a post from Madeleine Begun Kane. Fun, well-written, and rife with husband vs wife humor that almost any couple can identify with. This post is especially endearing to me since a vacation for me without renting a speed boat to take out on the ocean is no vacation at all. It drives my wife nuts. Perhaps the most conflict we have had on a vacation was the day I used every ounce of persuasive skill I had to get her to go out on the ocean in 8 foot swells. Motor Boating Just Isn?t Our Speed (Humor Column) posted at Mad Kane's Humor Blog.



Perhaps one teacher in a hundred really touches you deep down. A special love, appreciation and loyalty develops. The day you grow up and leave, or they leave for the next chapter in their life is a very hard day indeed. Tony Masiello presents Positive Stories of Insight: Letting go of Mr. J. posted at Positive Stories of Insight, saying, "I'm just learning about carnivals. Thanks for reading my story."

International travel beyond the tourist zone. Someday I hope to travel like this, but doing it with a wife and 4 kids is out of the question. Vanalli presents Meeting people in Kanchanaburi posted at The Lost Boy, saying, "A story about a trip to Kanchanaburi in Thailand last year."



Wow! Loved it! What a great post. My favorite stories are those that show the amazing things that occur in life do to our actions- especially when we don’t find out those amazing things until years later. TherapyDoc presents Teaching posted at Everyone Needs Therapy, saying, "You shouldn't always play by the rules, you know."



Elvis D presents Crippled posted at 365fiction. There is obviously much more to this story that needs to be told. I wonder if he ever fills out his short stories with more content?

*****C*A*R*N*I*V*A*L***OF***T*H*E***S*T*O*R*Y*T*E*L*L*E*R*S*****
That concludes this edition. Submit your blog article to the next edition of carnival of the storytellers using our carnival submission form. Past posts and future hosts can be found on our blog carnival index page.







Click here if you would like to subscribe to the DigitalRichDaily
E-mail update. Place 'subscribe' in the subject line.

1 comments:

Anmol Mehta said...

Thanks for accepting my entry and for putting together this collection. I enjoy storytelling so am happy to found your carnival.