Monday, June 25, 2007

Goodbye Carnival

It seemed like a good idea at the time. I discovered the blog carnival world through a friends amazing series of posts about incrasing blog traffic. At the time it seemed the natural thing to do. Start a blog. Update the blog. Figure out how to get more people to read the blog.

I now have officially reached the point where I no longer can run The Carnival of the Storytellers the way I think it needs to be run. Sure, I can take the InstaCarnival form and copy/paste the submissions, throw them up on my blog and call it a day…but I cant bring myself to do that. I enjoyed taking the time to read each and every post sent in, boot out the crappy ones, and commentary to the ones I thought were worth reading.

Since I don’t have the time to do that anymore, I shall proclaim it dead.

*****C*A*R*N*I*V*A*L***OF***T*H*E***S*T*O*R*Y*T*E*L*L*E*R*S*****

RIP

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am saddened by your surrender.

I was just about to submit a story to your carnival that you may have enjoyed, but today's world is a chaotic one – full of busyness and strife. If you can no longer devote the time to the carnival that it deserves, then I understand.

...though number 11 seems a strange place to end.o

Liza on Maui said...

yep..carnival hosting a carnival does take a lot of time especially when you present it as nicely as you always did.

DigitalRich said...

I am now carnival-free for a few weeks now. Ahhhhh...nice.