Friday, June 22, 2007

Brisket Tacos And Blogging

This was the plan- I had a meeting at 5:30PM that would wrap up at 6:30PM, and Michelle and the girls would meet me for dinner out on the town. Afterwards Michelle would drive our two oldest over to my parents house to spend the night while I took the two youngest home.

K and L are getting up early to head out with my mom to do some sort of ecological cleaning up thingamajig at some river or other.

Things didn't work out. Michelle called to say she would just head straight to my parents and get McDonalds on the way- I was on my own.

As I left the meeting and headed to any fast-food joint that happened to be in my way, I thought for a second. Wait! I am ON MY OWN. As in, I TOTALLY get to pick where I will eat dinner. No discussion. No argument. No voting. Its me. All me!

Straight to MickeyRoos Texas BBQ I went. The place I took the family to once more than a year ago. All 4 daughters and my wife swore we would never go again. Of course, I loved it.

I walked right in, ordered my fave- 3 beef brisket tacos, layered with guacamole in corn tortillas, super spicy hot baked beans, French fries and a bottle of Lone Star Beer. Mmmmm.

After I got home tonight I did an amazing thing. At least I think so. I finally caught up on my blog. My work and travel schedule has been so horrific the past week that I haven’t posted a single story in more than a week. My goal of always posting once a day was shot.

I sat here and fired off 10 brand new posts, including this one, in 2 hours. Not bad, huh?






Click here if you would like to subscribe to the DigitalRichDaily
E-mail update. Place 'subscribe' in the subject line.

2 comments:

Liza on Maui said...

Yep...I noticed you were "slacking on bloggin'" but assumed rightly that you were busy at work.

Golly, 10 posts!!! I've got some catching up to do...

DigitalRich said...

Yeah...good news is all but one are really short. Thanks for noticing, and thanks for staying true throughout my absence :)

Enjoy your weekend!

DigitalRich